GOODTECHS 2020 goes Virtual
Due to the world COVID-19 pandemic, the Organizing Committee of GOODTECHS 2020 decided to host the conference fully online, instead of the traditional face-to-face one in Antwerp. In addition, we have postponed the submission deadline to June 1st, 2020. Further details will be provided as soon as possible. We regret any inconvenience that this decision may cause, but we expect all colleagues to understand that it was not feasible to hold the conference in the usual format.
Inside GOODTECHS, the Work-in-Progress and PhD Track provides an opportunity to showcase interesting new work that is still at an early stage. We encourage practitioners and researchers to submit to the Work-in-Progress venue as it provides a unique opportunity for sharing valuable ideas, eliciting feedback on early-stage work, and fostering discussions and collaborations among colleagues. Moreover, this track provides a platform for PhD students to present and receive feedback on their ongoing research. Students at different stages of their research will have the opportunity to present and discuss their research questions, goals, methods and results. This is an opportunity to obtain guidance on various aspects of their research from established researchers and other PhD students working in research areas related to technologies for social good.
Authors are solicited to submit original, previously unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to topic areas:
- App concepts and technologies for different mobile platforms
- Blockchain for social good
- Communication between mobile devices
- Content Distribution
- E-learning solutions
- Data collection, organization and dissemination methods
- Delay-tolerant aerial networks and ferrying approaches
- Deployment and field-testing
- Digital tools for art and feelings
- Environment sensing, monitoring and preservation
- Experimental results of communication testbeds
- Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
- Health and social care
- Human-object interaction
- ICT for development
- Mobile service architectures and frameworks
- Mobility and handover management
- New application scenarios for vehicular communications
- Pervasive and ubiquitous services in cloud and IoT
- Platforms and frameworks for mobile devices
- Privacy issues and solutions
- Protocol design, testing and verification
- Security issues, architectures and solutions
- Smart cities and transportation
- Smart economy solutions: e-banking, e-business
- Smart governance and e-administration
- Smart living and E-health
- Technology addressing the digital divide
All accepted and presented papers will be published in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series — ICPS and made available through ACM Digital Library. The registered papers must follow the guidelines below:
- Papers should be in English.
- WIP and PhD papers should be up to 4 pages in length.
- Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
Proceedings will also be submitted for inclusion in other leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt-in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+’ system, and have to comply with the ACM format (see Author’s kit section).
Full Paper Submission Deadline
15 June 2020
13 July 2020
30 July 2020
Start of Conference
14 September 2020
End of Conference
16 September 2020