The EAI GOODTECHS 2022 Organizing Committee invites proposals for half-day tutorials to be held on the first and last days of the conference, which will take place in Aveiro, Portugal from September 14th to 16th, 2022.
Tutorials are intended to provide a comprehensive introduction to core techniques and areas of interest for smart objects and technologies for Social Good. The target audience of MICCAI tutorials includes professionals seeking continued education, students, clinicians, early-career scientists, and established researchers planning to broaden their research horizons. We are interested in tutorials on established or emerging research topics in the areas above but we also welcome tutorials from related research fields or applications. The ideal tutorial should attract a wide audience. It should be broad enough to provide a basic introduction to the chosen research area, but it should also cover the most important topics in depth. Each tutorial should be well-focused so that its content can be covered in a half-day slot (4h including a break (s)). Proposals that exclusively focus on the presenter’s own work or commercial presentations are strongly discouraged.
Tutorial materials will be made available online at the EAI GOODTECHS 2022 website, although authors can provide them on additional websites as well.
The tutorial proposals should be no longer than 2-3 pages and contain the following information:
1. A title and abstract of the tutorial.
2. A brief description of the tutorial content and its relevance to the EAI GOODTECHS 2022 community (no more than one page).
3. Information about the format of the tutorial (e.g., Lecture-based, Demonstration, Hands-on, Hackathon)
4. A brief outline of the tutorial structure showing that the tutorial’s core content can be covered in a 4 hours slot (including break(s)).
5. The names, affiliation, phone numbers, and email addresses of the tutorial instructors, including a one-paragraph statement of their research interests and areas of expertise.
6. A list of previous venues and approximate audience sizes, if the same or a similar tutorial has been given elsewhere; otherwise an estimate of the audience size.
7. A description of requirements for technical equipment and infrastructure (e.g., internet access, projectors, computers, monitors, loudspeakers, microphones).
8. Any other information or comments that need to be considered
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, in plain ASCII text no later than March 1, 2022, to EAI GOODTECHS 2022 tutorial chair: [email protected]
The subject line should be: “EAI GOODTECHS 2022: TUTORIAL PROPOSAL“.
The proponents will receive an email confirmation that their proposal has been received. If no confirmation arrives within 24 hours after sending the proposal, the proponents should contact the tutorial chair again.
The proposal will be reviewed by the tutorial chair, who may use the help of external reviewers, experts on the submission topics.
The features that will be evaluated are: (i) the interestingness for the EAI GOODTECHS 2022 areas, which should result in a large audience; (ii) the clarity of the tutorial, which should emerge from its description; (iii) good organization as appearing from the outline; (iv) the adequacy of the speakers, i.e., her/his background/experience in teaching the target topics; and (v) the ability to explain the topics to a large audience with the heterogeneous background.
Tutorial speaker responsibilities
Accepted tutorial speakers will be notified by March 30, 2022, and must then provide the revised abstracts (ASCII format) of their tutorials by April 15, 2022, for advertisement purposes in the conference website. Tutorial speakers must provide their tutorial materials (pdf format), at least containing copies of the course slides as well as a bibliography for the material covered in the tutorial, by August 15, 2022.
- Tutorial proposal deadline: March 1, 2022
- Tutorial acceptance notification: March 30, 2022
- Tutorial abstract due: April 15, 2022
- Tutorial slides due: August 15, 2022
- Tutorial days: September 14th and September 16th, 2022
In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to your proposals,
(The EAI GOODTECHS 2022 Tutorial chair)