The 7th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good (GOODTECHS 2021) is a conference related to the development of solutions that benefit private enterprises, government or non-profit institutions with the creation of different solutions. This edition of the conference will be held in Aveiro, Portugal in 2021, September 15-17, 2021.
Within the main conference, GOODTECHS 2021 will feature conference special sessions (5 to 6 presentations) and invites the submission of special session proposals. The aim of the special session is to focus on a specific topic of interest for the conference. Special sessions should highlight current topics related to experiences with the design, implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects and technologies for social good.
Presentations delivered during the special session are based on original papers that have been selected through a peer-reviewing process and that have not been previously published. Accepted special session papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings.
Special Session Proposal Format
A special session proposal must contain the following information in order:
• Title of the special session
• Special session Chair and, eventually, Co-Chairs (names, affiliations and contact information)
• A brief description of the scope and topics of the special session (max 1/2 page) and a brief explanation of why the topic is fitting for the conference
• A draft call for papers, including the special session submission deadlines (max 1 page)
• Interested proposers can download the special session proposal template here.
Special Session Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposal submissions should be submitted as a unique PDF file to the special session chairs by e-mail. The subject of the e-mail must be: “GOODTECHS 2021 – special session proposal”.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
• Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.602)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology (Open Access) –
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Smart Cities (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
• EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Proposal Submission Deadline
14 February 2021
Notification of Selection:
18 February 2021
Special Session Chairs:
– Prof. Valderi Leithardt (Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre, Portalegre, Portugal)
– Dr. Maria João Cardoso (Instituto de Telecomunicações, Aveiro, Portugal)
– Eng. Hanna Denysyuk (Instituto de Telecomunicações, Aveiro, Portugal)